Sunday 13 September 2009

Awake - But only just

I was worried about how suspenseful and scary a film could be when the basic premise is about a bloke waking up during an operation. I suppose it could work but it might require some acting on the leads part. So who did they pick for this momentous task..........Hayden Christensen. He dusted off his bratish teenager attitude form Attack Of The Clones (which I thought he did well) and showed us that that's pretty much ....him. I cant explain how bad he is in this part so I will just say Mark Wahlberg in The Happening.

So then, to the film. It's an interesting if slightly far fetched thriller, which does have a bit of a twist in the middle that I didn't see coming. Actually the script is pretty good and if it wasn't for HC mind screaming on the slab then it might have worked.

No comments: