Tuesday 5 May 2009

Blade - Come back to me , we want your money, Taxloss!


Wesley Snipes in one of his better films. And a Marvel character I had never heard of. Not surprising really as not a huge comic book follower. When I first saw this on the big screen, it blew me away. It was a fresh take on the Vampire genre and also the attitude of the 'Superhero'. I watched it again for a lot more than the second time and it still holds up today. Still an amazing opening, still a thumping soundtrack, still a moody lead, still ass kicking and still stylish looking FX (last few blood bubbling images excluded). One of my favourite Marvel movies and one of my favourite Vampire ones too. But when do you ever see a bad vampire flick??? As the Inspiral Carpets said ' Cool as F*ck'

3 comments:

Pete Tiley / Bike rider. said...

Yep - it is an all time classic.

Rob said...

Didn't really like vampire movies before this (although I'm fond of the barmy genious of Bram Stokers Dracula and the Western quality of Near Dark). Didn't like Fright Night or Vamp, Hammers Vampire flicks or even the Langella Dracula from the 70's.

It took this movie to change that view. It all changes after this; Buffy, Ultraviolet, 30 Days of Night.

Thanks Mr Snipes.

Nick aka Puppet Angel said...

Blade kicks ass!

Then avoids paying his taxes.

Silly vampire slayer. Buffy would never do that.

Brilliant movie and the best of the trilogy, although I do love Guillermo Del Toro's barmy Bros'd up sequel.

"Some muthafuckas are always tryin' to ice skate up hill..."