Sunday 8 March 2009

Resident Evil : Extinction - Reuse - Recycle - Regurgitate

I love apocalyptic movies and I love zombie movies. I wanted to call this Zombilyptic, but I guess they have always been a combined genre any way. Especially those of the great George. This one cemented that in so many stolen ways. T2, Mad Max, Alien 4, Planet of the apes - the list is endless. Better than the second, not as good as the first, just well produced shallow cinema. The kind I adore. I mean it was always gonna be good and then Ali Larter turned up to sweeten the deal.

1 comment:

Rob said...

You're right, not as good as the original, but better than the second.

It's good to see director Russell Mulcahy back in the limelight, after living in TV obscurity.
He'll never beat Highlander, but I'm rather fond of his '90's efforts The Shadow and Richochet.

Mmmm, Larter.