Saturday 31 January 2009

The Wrestler - Am I un H-A-P-P-Y? Does a new born baby cry? Did Elvis really die?


Bad life choices. A hard luck story. Missed opportunities. Drink and Drugs. This film is like watching Mickey Rourke's life story. That's probably why it works as well as it does. It's docu style moves it away form the Rocky similarities and it doesn't really follow that model as much as I was expecting. But I liked it and would recommend to others that can appreciate a story. The finest I have seen Marisa Tomei act as well, but then this was a good choice.

2 comments:

this is not a joke said...

this is one of the films I will see in the theatre next....

sickboy said...

Well, enjoy! It looks great and is one of the better Rourke films. Don't know if it deserves as much credit as it is getting but it is a slice of real life.