Saturday 17 January 2009

The Mist - Like ships in the night

I just didn't get this one. It's not a scary and it's not really tense. I didn't care who lived or died (TJ aside of course) so maybe that had something to do with it, but aren't they supposed to make me care. Had a typical Stephen King DTV feel about it and the story unfolded predictably. Yep, the ending was stunning, but also poorly executed. Does that make sense, you'll have to watch it as it would be a bummer for me to write it. There is a BW version which is Franks preferred one. This might help as I kind of got a NOTLD vibe from this one, even if it was more people getting pissed at each other about the unknown evil outside. That said, it would've been better with zombies:)

1 comment:

Pete Tiley / Bike rider. said...

Yeah - a funny film. Current climate satire at its worst and poor use of the supermarket ala Romero who does it that much better. I agree on your comments though in that the film did not quite reach the sum total of all its parts. It could have done though. One wonders if this will be considered a cult classic in the future?